Many of them might not be aware about hair transplant or Hair Implant. You can get the details of Hair implant on our portal and if you are the right candidate for hair implant and if you want cheaper and best hair implant surgery for better results than you must search for hair implantation centers in Kolkata along with the Cost of hair implantation in Kolkata. Let us go through it in detail.
What Is a Hair Transplant?
It is a procedure in which the surgeon implants hair to the bald areas of head. These surgeons basically move hair from back side to the front area or the affected area. It is a procedure that starts with local anaesthesia. According to clinicspots, genes are the main cause of baldness and the remaining factors are diet, stress, illness and certain medications.
There are simply two types of procedure
- Slit graft:- contain 4 – 10hairs/ grafts
- Micro graft:- contain 1 – 2 hairs per graft
Dependent upon the amount of coverage. Opting for hair transplant can improve your appearance and confidence. Following can be the good candidates of hair transplant:-
- Men suffering from male pattern baldness
- Women suffering from hair thinning
- Person who lost their hair from any kind of burn or any kind of scalp injury
Replacement of hair is not a better option for the following people:-
- Women suffering from wide spread pattern of hair loss in the entire scalp
- People having keloid scars after any surgery or injury
- People who had suffer hair loss due to certain disorder such as cancer in chemotherapy
What happens at the time of hair transplant?
- After cleaning your scalp, surgeon will insert small needle in order to numb your area with local injection known as anaesthesia
- Next step coming is, they will use scalpel to subtract the round section from your scalp that is covered with hair
- The surgeon will separate the removed portion of the scalp into minute little sections with help of magnifying lens or sharp knife used in the surgery
- When they are implanted they will helps a person to gain natural looking hair
- Small hole will be created by the surgeon, with needle or blade in the areas of receiving hair transplant
- After creating hole they will firmly place the hair in those holes
- At the time of surgery, surgeons are trained to implant more than thousand of hairs
- After placing the grafts your head will be covered with bandages or gauze, this procedure hardly takes 4 hours or even more depending upon the surgeon or number of grafts placed
- Stitches will be removed after 10 days. You might need 3 – 4 sessions to achieve full hair on your head in the way you desire
What Happens After you are done with Hair Transplant?
After you opt for hair transplant there are certain medications that needs to be followed and they are as follows:-
- Antibiotics are recommended to lower the risk of infection
- Pain killers
- Anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling down.
Many people return to their work back after several days after the surgery. After hair transplant if the transplanted hair falls down then don’t be afraid or don’t be scared, because new hairs are making their new way to grow. People mostly observe 60% new hair growth in 6 – 9 months after the surgery of hair transplant. Most of the doctors prescribe minoxidil (Rogaine) or propecia in order to improve hair regrowth. These medicines help you to slower down your hair loss or to stop further hair loss.
Complications Associated with Hair Transplant?
Side effects related to hair transplant are very minor and it can get clear within few weeks time, and the side effects of hair transplant includes:-
- scalp swelling
- bruising around the eyes
- the area worked on gets numbed
- thin cover or crust gets formed on the areas of scalp from where the hair are removed or implanted
- temporary loss of the transplanted hair (known as shock loss)
- tufts of hair with un natural look
What can be the Long-Term Outlook?
People those who have opted for hair transplant, will tend to grow hair in the transplanted areas of the scalp itself. The density of new hair may appear more or less dense depending upon the following:-
- scalp laxity (how lose your scalp skin is)
- density of hair follicles which are in the transplanted zone
- hair calibre or quality of hair
- curling of hair
If you don’t take prescribed medicines (propecia or minoxidil) if you undergo a low level of laser therapy, then you may continue experiencing loss of hair in non-treated areas of your scalp. It is always important to discuss the outcome with your surgeon instead of having any negative thoughts in your mind.